A Philanthropic Housing Developer
“My Home” Structure
“My Home” Australasia Limited is a facilitator for housing and land developments to accommodate disadvantaged people experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness.
We are a company limited by guarantee, with ACNC registration, Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) and Public Benevolent Institution (PBI) status. Donations over $2 are tax deductible.
Board members are:
- Michelle Blakeley, BArch (Hons), RAIA (Chair)
- Lisa Hando BBus, MTax, FCA
- Frank Marra BEc, AMP (Harvard)
- Dr Elizabeth Pattison OAM BAppSc, MInfSys, PhD
- Paige Walker, BCom, MProp
- Professor Lisa Wood PhD (Public Health), GradDipHlthProm, BCom (Hons)
A “My Home” Project Control Group (PCG) for each development site oversees the management of the project and liaison between stakeholders including parties entering into legal agreements or contracts:
- The landowner (leasor)
- The land leasee (CHP)
- The donor(s) or investor(s)
- The builder
- The property manager(CHP)
- The house owner
Our Key Objectives
“My Home” is here to:
Alleviate the urgent need for longer-term housing for people experiencing homelessness or those at risk of homelessness.
Provide permanent, low-cost housing that homeless people can call “My Home” forever or until they are self-sufficient.
Wayne Martin, AC QC
“I am delighted to serve as Patron of “My Home” – an innovative programme that facilitates the private sector using public land, which would not otherwise be used, to provide low cost housing to homeless people, in accordance with Housing First principles.
I believe that the public-private partnership model has much to offer in bridging the gap between housing need and housing supply for the many who find a home beyond their reach.”
Success for “My Home”
The aims of the “My Home” project are to:
- bring Government, Church, Corporate Sector and Community together to provide an efficient, low-cost housing option for homeless people or those at risk of homelessness
- provide flexible, efficient and cost-effective housing solutions for homeless people or those at risk of homelessness
- provide long term housing to enable a homeless person to re-engage with the community and become self-sufficient
- demonstrate the importance of good design and sustainable practices for low-income affordable housing
- enable better access to support services by virtue of a fixed address
- facilitate a constant stream of houses constructed across WA.
We have compassion for the plight of all people experiencing homelessness.
Housing as a right
We believe safe, secure appropriate housing is a right of all people.
We commit to the principles of Housing First.
We collaborate with others to expedite delivery of housing for people experiencing homelessness.
We are respectful, open, honest and accountable.
Our Strategic Policies
Priority for Housing for People Experiencing Homelessness
Housing for all people experiencing homelessness is the central focus and priority of all our projects and this includes people who are street homeless and people with higher support needs.
Our projects will integrate homes for people experiencing homelessness using sites in residential areas and create liveable communities that allow residents of all ages and backgrounds to thrive.
Our homes will be designed to deliver safe, secure, high thermal performance and sustainable homes for the comfort and enjoyment of the residents.
Housing First Support
We will ensure on-going support is established for residents according to Housing First principles and, when necessary, “My Home” will source required funding.
Role of Community Housing Providers
There will be a Project Management Agreement with the Community Housing Provider for each “My Home” project which clearly defines its role as manager of the property, tenants and tenant selection as well as being a conduit to support services aligned with Housing First principles.
We will source funding appropriate to each project including philanthropic contributions, consortiums, syndicates and impact investment.
Governance of “My Home” Projects
Each “My Home” project will be assessed for the most effective project delivery strategy. The “My Home” Board is responsible to approve the overall strategy based on it meeting the “My Home” values and policies.